The Irish Safes Rating Group inaugural meeting was held on the 18th of May 2016 at 12 Merrion Square Dublin 2.
The group was formed at the request of ESSA (The European Security Systems Association) to make and periodically update recommended insurance ratings related to the overnight cash cover for certified safes, strong rooms and secure cabinets. EN14450, EN1143-1, EN1143-2. Prior to its establishment there was no national safes ratings list for the Republic of Ireland. As a consequence of this the industry in Ireland had to rely on U.K. recommended ratings.
Who are the group members?
All members of the group have qualifications that enable them to make an informed and non biased contribution to national safe ratings recommendations.
Inaugural meeting attendees were;
• Dr. Ian Cowan – The National Standards Authority Of Ireland Senior Standards Officer
• Dr. Markus Heering – ECBS – ESSA – Managing Director
• Falko Adomat – ESSA – ECBS – Certification Engineer
• Paul Scallan – Private Security Authority CEO
• Paul Mullen – Chubb Insurance – Senior Risk Consultant
• Ciaran Roache – FBD Insurance – Senior Risk Manager
• Jason Kelly – Secretary Of The Association Of Irish Risk Management – Travelers Insurance Senior Insurance Risk Surveyor
• Cahill McGuire – SAVTA (Safe And Vault Technicians Association)
Additional attendees at the preliminary seminar were;
William Hamill (SAVTA) and Peter Walsh, a leading electronic security and intruder alarm expert.